Friday, August 20, 2010

Waking Up Is Hard To Do

Last night I dreamed. While most nights are filled with dreams that are disconnected and weird, last night I dreamed of a perfect scenario of family life that was my own. It was so lovely and yet so sad.

I dreamed that my husband and I owned this amazing 17 story, 42.000 sq ft building. There was so much room that we converted each floor into large apartment homes for each one of our siblings and our parents. We had extra floors for a dance hall, a kids romper floor, an adult bar/lounge, a rooftop terrace, etc. High ceilings, great architecture, large elevators. And it was on the beach. It was amazing.

When I woke I remembered that my family is in a place of transition right now. My parents divorce was finalized almost a year ago and my siblings and I are each building our own small families. Family arguments are exasperated with distance and lack of time/sleep. I miss my family, the one I grew up with. But only time can heal some wounds.... Looks like I may have plenty of time to save up for that 17 story building at this rate.....

No comments:

Post a Comment